|HashColouredTabs RiteOfTongue Highlighter YMail Notifier ZhongWen Mailing List Feedback|
Adds a little status-bar icon that notifies you when you get new Yahoo! Mail. Click on the icon to change the frequency of checking and other settings. When new mail arrives you can choose to be notified with sound, a sliding alert (Windows only), or by running an external application. When there is no mail, the status-bar icon dims itself.
- Change the frequency at which it checks for new mail.
- Choose between being notified with sound, a sliding alert or by running an external application (like an email program).
- Works immediately out of the box.
- Does not clutter the screen when Auto-hide mode is enabled, which hides the mail icon until new mail is received.
- Specially designed to minimize memory usage and network overhead.
- Add an optional toolbar icon for more visibility.
|0.1.6 ~ 28-10-2006||Bumped max. version only to support Firefox 2.0.|
|0.1.5 ~ 2-8-2005||Changed the mail count service provider from the dashboard URL to the toolbar URL (old one was blocked)|
|0.1.4 ~ 12-12-2005||Better detection of network errors|
/ Displays last known mail count during error
|0.1.3 ~ 18-10-2005||Added a time stamp to the tooltip|
|Italian locale added. (no version bump)|
|0.1.2 ~ 26-9-2005||Added accesskeys and minor cosmetic changes.|
|0.1.1 ~ 22-9-2005||Fixed hang if Internet down.|
|0.1 ~ 18-9-2005||First release.|
- To log in, just make sure that you are logged in at the Yahoo! Mail website. This extension will pick up your browser cookies and check for new mail on its next scheduled checking period. Remember: Do not log out afterwards or else Yahoo! will delete your mail cookies.
- When there is no new mail, the status-bar icon will disappear. The space will be empty but you can still click on the space to access the options menu.
- When new mail arrives, a mail icon will appear. Click on it and select "Go to Inbox" to open the Yahoo! Mail website. Or middle-click on the icon to open the Yahoo! Mail website in a new tab.
- If you want to log out and stop checking this account, just visit the Yahoo! Mail website and log out of your account.
This software is released under the Mozilla Public License.
- This extension cannot check for new mail when you are physically at the Yahoo! Mail website, This is because Yahoo! resets the mail counter whenever you visit their mail website. If you want to test this extension, be sure to send yourself an email from another mail account!
- This extension is not affiliated with Yahoo! Inc. or any of their subsidiaries.